Do you wanna?
Do you wanna?
OHHHH YEAH! EXERCISE!
And there was a good deal of exercise going on at Vidya Mandir Auditorium on Saturday night. There were people laughing, clapping, and convulsing in their seats. MOST EXERCISE EVER in a seated position. Because on stage were our beloved Pretentious Movie Reviewers – Kanan Gill and Biswa Kalyan Rath.
The question on my mind, maybe on yours too –
These guys are YouTube sensations right? They are brilliant behind the camera, with the editing and cross-cutting and movie-scene-insertions. What are they going to do on stage without the retakes and effects? I was afraid that their performance might end up taking away the sizzle from their YouTube videos. And that is exactly what happened. Because, seeing these two on stage, together or alone, was such a treat, that watching their videos just won’t cut it anymore. The awesomeness of the live performance has made the videos slightly extremely lacking [Gill Style]. No, it’s just a joke. They are spectacular everywhere. The live performance was just slightly extremely better. 😛
Highlights of the event –
- On spot movie review of Desi Spiderman. Click here, go to YouTube and just sweep through this video. The things that have been seen cannot be unseen *horrified look*
- When a girl from the audience was picked and made to choose a favourite from her two best friends by Kanan – the daraar-maker. Which the girl did without hesitation, mind you. Cause of choice – The other one is always late. Moral of the story: Don’t be late, you will be left friendless in front of a lot of people.
- When Biswa pointed out that USA denied Modi a Visa because he was charged with the crime of killing too many muslims. USA!
- The jokes on Bengal and Bengalis. The best part of this was that everyone laughed. I love how the people in this city can laugh at how we appear to alien people. Love it! We got sportive spirit ya’ll!
- The rumour that was started. To all who were there – *wink wink*. To all absent – check twitter for #LondonIodex.
- The usual Bollywood jokes that Kanan and Biswa are famous for were mixed with other kinds of jokes targeting a lot of things outside Bollywood. Like Biswa telling us that a new mall has opened up in his homeland Orissa called Inferiority Complex. This new style was enjoyed thoroughly!
- The Lord of the Flies ending when everyone went slightly extremely crazy over the free goodies.
Biswa Highlight –
This man came up with the most spot-on theory of how mythology came into being. How? Because, people do not understand sarcasm. (Ask your friends who were there about it, this one should not be missed. Can’t mention it here. Controversy and all that, you know).
His jabs on religion and politics were fearless and hilarious. The way he made fun of his origins was a laughter-riot. I would not be surprised to find out that someone fell out of their chair during his solo session.
Kanan Highlight –
Have you ever heard a huge chunk of females start cheering upon hearing about a break-up? I did, when Kanan admitted that he broke up with his girlfriend 6 months back.
The entire auditorium sang ABCDEFGHI/JKLM (finish the rest in your head) with Kanan and after two rounds, he confirmed with the audience if they have got a hang of the lyrics (!!!!).
Overall Review –
Kanan said that if someone asks the members of the audience about their feelings towards Pretentious Nights Kolkata, then they should give one particular reply. This reply. Ahhhhhhhhhhh…..
P.S. This is the expression of a thorn being pulled out of the leg in a “famous” movie called Desi Spiderman!
>> Preview by BongRong <<
In case you haven’t caught up with the recent Pretentious Reviews –> Click Here